737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
David T. Wu
This session will consist of two speakers that will share and discuss emerging science to promote new functional bone regeneration. The speakers are faculty and practitioners who have benefited from American Academy of Periodontology Foundation initiatives. Each speaker will give a 20-minute presentation, followed by five-minutes for discussion.
Dr. David Wu
Mechanoregeneration – Elucidating the Role of Biomaterial Viscoelasticity in Tuning Stem Cell Behavior for Bone Tissue Engineering
• Review the role of biomaterial mechanical properties on tuning stem cell behavior.
• Understand the effect of hydrogel viscoelasticity on modulating MSC spheroid migration, fusion and differentiation for bone formation.
• Recognize the in vivo application of viscoelastic biomaterials for dental, oral, and craniofacial tissue regeneration.
Dr. Shayan Barootchi
Immediate Implant Therapy, Current Understanding and the Relationship Between Implant Esthetics and Health
• Conceptualize and discuss traditional immediate implant placement into fresh extraction sockets, and management of local tissues at the time of procedure.
• Recognize what we have recently learned throughout longitudinal research of implants with novel technologies.
• Learn how the peri-implant phenotype and tissue perfusion relate to long-term outcomes and stability of adjacent tissues.
• Dive into the relationship between patient-perceived esthetics & implant health.