737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Bradley S. McAllister
This session offers a comprehensive exploration of bone augmentation, covering its historical evolution, current practices, and future trends. Renowned national and international experts will share their insights and expertise, providing attendees with a well-rounded understanding of this topic. Through a combination of presentations and discussions, participants will gain valuable knowledge that can enhance their clinical decision-making and patient outcomes.
• Describe the historical development and evolution of GBR techniques.
• Understand the current state of socket management, including its challenges, advancements, and best practices.
• Evaluate the current status of horizontal and vertical augmentation procedures, considering their indications, limitations, and outcomes.
• Discuss the emerging trends and future directions in bone augmentation, including innovative techniques and technologies.
• Apply the acquired knowledge to clinical scenarios, making evidence-based decisions regarding bone augmentation procedures.
• Enhance patient communication and education by effectively conveying the benefits and potential risks associated with bone augmentation.
|The Past, Present and Future of Bone Augmentation|
|08:00||Pamela K. McClain (Osteology),
Joan Otomo-Corgel (AAP)
|Opening and Introduction|
|08:10||Christer Dahlin, Sweden||A Historical Perspective of GBR|
|08:55||Diego Velasquez, USA||Current Status of Socket Management|
|10:00||Daniel Buser, Switzerland||Current Status of Horizontal and Vertical Augmentation|
|10:55||Bradley McAllister, USA||The Future of Bone Augmentation|
|11:40||Discussion moderated by
Pamela McClain & Joan Otomo-Corgel
Thanks to the AAP Foundation and the Osteology Foundation for sponsoring this scientific symposium.