737 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Program Track: Tissue Engineering and Hard Tissue Reconstruction
Vinay M. Bhide
While there are numerous techniques with variations which can be used to obtain root coverage and achieve phenotype modification, one cannot always apply the same technique in all areas of the mouth as different areas have their own unique challenges and considerations. Hence, a site-specific approach must be applied to optimize surgical outcomes. Perhaps the most unique and anatomically nuanced region in the mouth is the anterior mandibular region for which the implications for root coverage are different than in other areas. This evidence-based, hands-on workshop will focus on various surgical approaches for treating gingival recession in the anterior mandible. Participants will learn these techniques in a systematic step-by-step manner and have the opportunity to practice them with personalized instruction.
• Review relevant terminology and anatomy of the mucogingival complex as well as existing classifications of gingival recession and their predictive abilities and limitations.
• Discuss different therapeutic modalities for root coverage procedures in the anterior mandible.
• Critically evaluate the literature with respect to root coverage procedures in the anterior mandible.
• Identify the critical factors for optimizing root coverage outcomes in the anterior mandible.
• Obtain hands-on experience with treatment modalities for successful and predictable root coverage outcomes in the anterior mandible.